Featured Post

FEATURED POST!!! THIS SITE USES COOKIES

THIS POST IS TO LET YOU KNOW THAT THIS SITE USES COOKIES!!  cookieOptions  = {...};'      PHOTO COPYRIGHTED JoAnnaGlutenfreeChef 2009-...

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Homebith - supplies :) List (with photos) ( will be adding more weekly)

 Homebirth - supplies :) List  (with photos) ( will be adding more weekly)









 if one can physically , and am in good physical  health  have a home-birth please do so , I myself have always been high risk due to dangerous health reasons, I have had 3 successful, Natural (LONG , 30+ hours and up for each one and full
natural episodomy's, hemorrhaging  and tears and loads of other fun stuff lol  :P ) Hospital births. My 4th I found myself in a tough spot financially (no insurance with any of my births or anything (this was at the time) and I found myself not  being able to afford yet another Hospital birth, I am abviously not going into all the complications or health struggles here, just covering some ground work :) So My husband and I asked our dear friend and A dear lady who was my Doula with  my first baby to be our Midewife she is of course a Midewife! :D I had my first homebirth High risk and all.


****





My THREE DAY LABOR PAID OFF ON THIS DAY MARCH 28TH , 2012 Our Gabriella was BORN@2.25PM After a 50 HOURS ,Physically Pushed for 6 HOURS!! 25 MIN LABOR ON MARCH 28TH 2012 , OUR DEAR SWEET LITTLE GABRIELLA JOANNA MCGARVIE, WAS born 7lbs.2 OUNCES
19 3/4 LONG, a hard but successful HOME-BIRTH!!!!!
quick version.
"After being in labor for days and trying and doing everything we could to get her out, and pushing for 6 hours with NO SHOW!! I really wanted a Water Birth But God had other plans , the contractions just were not progressing fast enough or hard enough, even after pushing for 6 hours strait she did NOT come down the canal, then I started passing out in Ryan's arms , i kept blacking in and out I knew things were getting dangerous , Baby girl needs to come out but If I keep blacking out how do i deliver her?

So i rested for a few min , and I turned to Ryan and said they better take me to the Hospital, sad as it was , I had Ryan move me upstairs real quick before we left , I was upstairs on the toilet , PRAYING SO SO HARD that this baby could come NOW ! And 9 MIN LATER Down the canal and all GABBY WAS born on the Toilet here in our little shoebox !
And thank you to Karla, For being the Best Midwife ever!
  Susan for being my Doula
7lbs.2 OUNCES
19 3/4 LONG
Anyway so I decided to write this post out to help ppl get ready for there Home-births.


***


1) a good olive oil. this can be used by your midwife for perineal massage during birth but also to slather on baby's bum after birth so that their first poops (meconium) can be more easily wiped off :)

2) A camera and batteries. don't forget to have batteries charged and back up batteries ready. ensure your memory card is empty as well.Or if you  have a video camera ready and a tripod.



3)

Natracare Maternity Pads

  • Maxi pad design
  • Soft, comfortable and absorbent
  • Snug and secure fit
  • 100% plastic free
    Extra soft, extra-long, breathable, new mother natural maternity pads with organic cotton cover, offers high performance absorbency without the need for any petrochemicals. These compostable pads and packaging are made from over 91% renewable materials; they are totally chlorine-free, GMO-free & recommended by gynecologists. USDA Certified Biobased Product
photo from Amazon.com
4) lots of towels. for laboring and drying off and for the baby and mama after birth. white if you want to bleach them or colors that you don't mind getting blood-stained and potentially ruined. Personally I just used some older towels even colored i think we ended throwing away only one to two towels only :)
Or you can go to your local thrift stores and see what u can find :)

5) Plastic Shower curtain/Liners to line under top of layer sheets to protect the good sheets underneath.



*** MORE ADDED WEEKLY!!!
COPYRIGHT AND ADVISORY
COPYRIGHTED: JoAnnaGlutenFreeChef&HealthEnthusiast All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission or posts. ALWAYS link back to my blog. NEVER COPY AND PASTE. There is a SHARE Button to share posts and recipes , or Share directly from the link, Thank you.
2009-2014 JoAnna L McGarvie



No comments:

Post a Comment